Friday, October 21, 2011

The Religion: Zoroastrianism

When I first showed the name of this religion to my mom, she made the joke about do they worship Zoro, the cape wearing, masking wear and sword bearing hero. :P I laughed, but upon furthur review I sadly found out that Zoro is not in this religion at all...darn! When reading through the chapter of our book about this interesting religion, I found out something that made me go...Ewww....This religion has some weird ways but it is what they believe and I can not judge them. The thing that was the most interesting was that they cleanse themselves with bull urine before they do their prayers and worship. Why would they do that? Is that safe and clear? I am just glad that my religion does not make me cleanse myself with bull urine. :P. Compared to Eastern religions we over here in the West think they ways are odd, but I bet the same can be said for the other way. There is many sites that I found with information on this religion, here they are:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/zoroastrian/

http://www.religionfacts.com/zoroastrianism/index.htm  (this is a good site with alot of information)

No comments:

Post a Comment