Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Religion: Christianity

My favorite religion...due to the fact that it is my own. When I was looking through the class materials at the beginning of the semester I was so excited that we would get to study and dig deeper into my very own faith. When it comes to my religion, I always feel such love, compassion, and understanding when speaking of it...the Christian religion has the most follows in the whole world and has many different types of branches. (I am an Indepedent in case you was wondering). I admit that I have not been to chruch in a long time, but to me I already have a strong love, faith, and connection to God so I do not always have to attend chruch in order to be "a good Christian". When it comes to my religion, I do not know everything about it and often have many questions about it...so my question about it is why is there so many different branches of Christianity? How come there is just not one main one like other religions have? When looking for the answer to this question, I came across many negative sites and people that were bashing other religions...and though I have a strong faith I do not think that bashing is a way to get your point across. What I did find was a Bible quote:
Ephesians 4:5, Paul tells us that there is "One Lord, one faith,one baptism," not many Lords, many faiths and many different forms of baptism.
 
The best advice that I can obtain from this quote would be to ask a local elder or a pastor of a chruch...the internet is great and all but sometimes getting out and asking someone the answer will bring what you were searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment