Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Religion: Judaism

The Jewish faith is truly one that has always been interesting too me, and it is closely tied to my Christian faith. How I first came across the Jewish faith was when I was younger during high school and I was watching an eposide of Family Guy...a little ashamed of that...but at least I learned about it. After seeing that I decided to dig deeper into the Jewish faith and came across something that was a complete shock, along with being a question that makes me wonder. Why does the Jewish faith not believe that Jesus was their Lord and Savior, even though Jesus followed the Jewish faith? I decided to look to the ever faithful Google to obtain my answer. What I came across was that the Jewish faith believe that he was just an ordinary man who was a preacher that lived during the Roman occupation of the Holy Land. The Romans executed him for speaking out against Roman authority and abuses...but the Romans also executed others who did the same...so that is where they believe that. The website I got that information from was: http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/Jewish-View-Of-Jesus.htm it speaks a lot about Jesus and what the Jewish faith believes, it definately helped me understand more about the Jewish faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment