Monday, December 5, 2011

The Religion: Islam.

Turning through the pages in our book, my eyes became a little bigger once they fell upon the 99 names that the Islam religion has for Allah. Before reading about this religion, I had the steorotype in my head about the Islam religion...:(. But after reading from our book, I realized that this religion is not like the steorotype paints it out to be. There was many questions that I had about the Islam religion...and the very first one came from our reading...why is Allah Odd? And how do they know that he likes odd numbers? I discussed this question with my mother, and she believes that since he is just one that is why he is odd...and with the numbers since he is one that could be a reason behind it. But it still made me wonder to the root of my question, why does the Islam religion have so many names for Allah? I came across the answer on WikiAnswers... The reason why Allah has so many names is because it describes God's attributes as given by God in Quran. After obtaining that answer I wondered what was the Quran is it like their sacred book? The Quran is indeed their Holy Book. Here is a website with a ton of info on it for future reference and questions: http://islam.about.com/od/quran/Quran.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment