Monday, December 5, 2011

The Religion: Sikhism

Upon reading about the Sikhism religion...I hate to admit this but my first thoughts went to the Love Guru...it was a good little joke to me, and sometimes during the reading I kept seeing Mike Myers in my head. But back to the point about the Sikhism religion...it was a very interesting religion and had so much, this was one religion that I knew about but I did not...if that makes any sense at all. One question and topic that kept coming up for the Sikhism religion was about the Five K's. The members of the Sikhism religion that are committed to it are expected to wear the Five K's...the first is Kesh which is long, uncut hair...the second is Kangha which means comb...the thrid is Kach which means short drawers...the fourth is kara steel bracelet...the fifth Kirpan means sword. So my question is why do they have to wear them? I looked toward the BBC religion website for my answer...and there was a ton of information for me to help understand... this is the site and I will look upon it for future reference.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/sikhism/customs/fiveks.shtml 

No comments:

Post a Comment